The State of Ohio has determined students “show competency” by earning a passing score (684) in both Alg I & ELA II End of Course test (Competency determination).
- EOCs are taken April of applicable year
- Scores are typically released during the following summer
- Scores are sent to ACPA first, then sent home to families
End of Course Exams
EOCs, otherwise known as Ohio State Tests, are meant to test knowledge gained from the course taken throughout the year. Each exam taken counts toward a specific graduation requirement.
- Algebra 1
- English 10
- US History
- Students who do not pass must retake the applicable test at least once
- ACPA provides test prep
- Makeup tests will likely be in December of the following school year
- Students at ACPA will retake needed tests yearly until a 684 is achieved UNLESS they opt to pursue additional options (listed below)