ACPA Dance Program
Dance Composition is soaring in 2022! So far, this class has covered:
- Creation and isolation of large and small body parts
- Initiating and creating dance phrasing
- High points and momentum in movement and phrasing
- Levels of movements
- Planes of the body and movement
- Directions of movements and phrasing
- Adjectives and emotions
- Parts of the stage and pathways across the stage/during transitions
- Positive/negative space
- Statues and inspirations
- Spatial relationships and working with extremes (close up vs far away)
- Movement quality-directions (direct, indirect)
- Speed (quick, sustained), Weight (heavy, light) and Flow (light, free)
- Transitions in phrasing and movement
- Graphing a dance, and dancing a graph
Students are currently working on forming a dance and choreographing their piece for WinterFest, their first official student-choreographed work of the year.
Contemporary Dance is focusing on floor work, types of rolls (pretzel rolls and various shoulder rolls), tripletts, some Horton Technique (table top T, tilts) and building a basic foundational technique of ballet and modern dance.
ACPA Dance Company: "MisConnection"